Last week, the Senate Finance Committee held a hearing about US international taxation. Pat Brown discusses the hearing and how Congress may provide oversight around international tax policy.
IN THIS EPISODE
Pat Brown, PwC’s Washington National Tax Services Co-Leader
Scott McCandless, Host, Policy on Demand
Noha Nayeri, Host, Policy on Demand
Subscribe to Policy on Demand by clicking HERE.
Upcoming Webcasts: To watch and listen in, register HERE.
Happening this week:
- The House and Senate are in session this week.
- President Biden and Congressional leaders are expected to meet again this week to discuss the debt limit.
- The Senate Finance Committee will hold a May 16 hearing on the impact of provisions in the House-passed debt limit bill that would repeal supplemental IRS funding, and a May 18 hearing on the tax incentives in the Inflation Reduction Act.
- The Senate Budget Committee will hold a May 17 hearing on tax revenue and the national debt.
- The Joint Economic Committee will hold a May 17 hearing on the impact of the US default crisis on families and businesses.
- The G7 finance ministers meeting in Niigata, Japan continues through May 13.