Chairman Dave Camp shares what he’s hearing about the latest state of play for House elections on a new Speaker. Last week, the OECD released guidance under Amount A of Pillar One of the OECD’s two-pillar framework. Will Morris provides context and his next steps.
Will’s detailed conversation about the OECD Pillar One guidance, as well as links to the related documentation, can be found here: Pillar One guidance: Some clarity, some issues remain unresolved
IN THIS EPISODE
Chairman Dave Camp, PwC’s Senior Policy Advisor
Will Morris, PwC’s Global Tax Policy Leader
Sindhu Blume, Host, Policy on Demand
Scott McCandless, Host, Policy on Demand
In case you missed it:
Week in Review with Janice Mays
PwC’s Pillar Two Country Tracker (Updated 10/02/23)
Happening this week:
- The House and Senate are both in session this week. The House stays focused on electing a new Speaker, while the Senate is expected to resume consideration of a three-bill “minibus” appropriations package.
- Oct. 16: The OECD held an October 16 webcast on its international tax agenda.
- Oct. 18: The House Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee to hold a hearing on protecting beneficiaries from improper payments.
- Oct. 18: The Senate Finance Committee to hold a hearing on Medicare Advantage annual enrollment.
- Oct. 19: The House Ways and Means Oversight Subcommittee to hold a hearing on pandemic fraud.
- The UN Tax Committee meets this week in Geneva to consider issues including taxing the digitalized and globalized economy.