The IRS recently issued important tax regulatory guidance, but additional guidance is in the works. Wade Sutton discusses factors affecting the tax regulatory writing process and what guidance is next on the horizon.
IN THIS EPISODE
Wade Sutton, PwC’s National Tax Services International Tax Services Leader
Sindhu Blume, Host, Policy on Demand
Scott McCandless, Host, Policy on Demand
In case you missed it:
Week in Review with Janice Mays
CAMT notice provides limited, noteworthy guidance
Modeling to mitigate climate change impact
PwC’s Pillar Two Country Tracker (Updated 9/22/23)
Upcoming Webcast: September 26: Tax Readiness: Recent controversy trends and their impact on your business
Happening this week:
- The House and Senate are scheduled to be in session Tuesday through Friday this week and will need to take action to avoid a government shutdown ahead of the September 30 end of the fiscal year.
- This week, the House Rules Committee is expected to take up consideration of four FY24 appropriations bills.
- The Senate is scheduled to consider the House-passed Federal Aviation Administration reauthorization bill, which also could be used to pass a CR.
- The Senate Budget Committee will hold a September 27 hearing on Medicare.
- The Senate Finance Committee will hold a September 28 hearing to consider the nomination of Marjorie Rollinson to be IRS Chief Counsel and other nominations.
- The House Ways and Means Work and Welfare Subcommittee will hold a September 28 hearing on child welfare.