The House Ways and Means Tax Subcommittee held a July 19 international tax hearing focusing on the OECD global tax agreement. Janice Mays shares her insights on the hearing, legislative action we may see after the August recess, and how companies should stay engaged with Congress during the recess on domestic and international tax policy issues.
IN THIS EPISODE
Janice Mays, Managing Director, PwC;s Tax Policy Services Practice
Scott McCandless, Host, Policy on Demand
In case you missed it:
Week in Review with Andrew Prior
Upcoming Webcast: The current state of the OECD's two-pillar solution
Happening this week:
- The House and Senate are scheduled to depart at the end of this week for an August recess period.
- July 26: The Senate Finance Committee is scheduled to hold a markup of legislation addressing federal prescription drug programs with a focus on pharmacy benefit manager practices.
- July 26: The IRS is scheduled to hold a public hearing on proposed regulations that implement the advanced manufacturing investment credit established by the CHIPS and Science Act.
- July 27: The House Ways and Means Oversight Subcommittee is scheduled to hold a hearing to review the employee retention tax credit.
- July 27: The Joint Economic Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing on the economic impact of diabetes.
- July 27-28: A Latin American and Caribbean tax minister summit is scheduled to be held in Cartagena, Colombia.