The IRS and Treasury recently released proposed regulations on the 25% advanced manufacturing investment credit in the CHIPS Act. Sara Logan discusses the guidance, how it provides some certainty and clarity to taxpayers, and how taxpayers should consider submitting comments on the regulations.
IN THIS EPISODE
Sara Logan, Director, PwC’s Federal Tax Services Practice
Scott McCandless, Host, Policy on Demand
Noha Nayeri, Host, Policy on Demand
In case you missed it, watch:
Week in Review with Mark Prater
Happening this week:
- The House and Senate are scheduled to depart at the end of this week for a two-week spring recess.
- This week, the House is scheduled to consider a bill that seeks to promote US energy production through provisions that include changes to permitting and project certification rules.
- Also this week, the Senate is scheduled to continue consideration of legislation that would repeal the authorizations for use of military force against Iraq.
- The House Ways and Means Committee has a March 28 hearing on the President’s fiscal year 2024 Health and Human Services budget request and a March 29 subcommittee hearing on welfare reform.
- The Senate Finance Committee has a March 29 hearing on oral health, and a March 30 hearing on pharmacy benefit managers and prescription drugs.
Subscribe to Policy on Demand by clicking HERE.
Upcoming Webcasts: To watch and listen in, register HERE.