Rohit Kumar discusses how banking sector concerns likely will not affect the discussion on Capitol Hill around legislation and the debt limit, the key global and domestic tax issues raised at the recent Senate Finance Committee hearing on President Biden's budget, and how introduction of a bipartisan R&D bill may lead to broader tax legislation.
IN THIS EPISODE
Rohit Kumar, PwC’s National Tax Services Practice Co-Leader
Julie Allen, PwC’s National Tax Services and Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Leader, and Host, Policy on Demand
Andrew Prior, Host, Policy on Demand
In case you missed it, watch:
Week in Review with Karl Russo
And you can read our PwC Insights:
Treasury releases ‘FY24 Green Book’ describing Biden’s tax proposals for businesses
Interim tax accounting considerations for recent legislative and global developments
Subscribe to Policy on Demand by clicking HERE.
Upcoming Webcasts: To watch and listen in, register HERE.
Happening this week
- The House and Senate are in session this week and next week before both chambers depart for a two-week spring recess.
- Congressional hearings on the President’s FY 2024 budget continue this week.
- The Finance and Ways and Means Committees will hold March 23 and March 24 hearings on the President’s trade agenda with US Trade Representative Katherine Tai.
- The House Ways and Means Health Subcommittee will hold a March 23 hearing on small business and health care affordability.
- The Federal Reserve holds a monetary policy meeting on March 21 and 22.